Wednesday, July 18, 2012

About fricken time

I'd say it was about time to drop a line.


I just got home after the whole day spent visiting relatives, meeting friends, closing my bank accounts, getting stocked up on contacts and some shirts and stuff. Three coffees and three semi-meals later, I still feel like someone forgot to defragment me.


My mates keep asking me how I feel, my mum keeps making me more and more paranoid, and everyone seems to be really stressed about the whole thing.


No one's considering the me part in the equation. Okay, I'm being asked a lot of questions, but I'm also being blamed for tons. All of a sudden it's a problem that I can't meet everyone at once, it's unbelievable that I'm taking off for a short weekend on the coast, and I'm to be blamed for everything that's going wrong.


Everyone would like to spend some time with me, but when it doesn't work out, it's my fault. So, people are away all the time (everyone should lead their own lives anyway), but somehow I've turned out to be the bad guy.


My mum would like to spend some time with me, meaning we'll probably watch CSI or talk about what my plans are when I get there (like I have a clue). My parents spend a lot of time (especially during the warmer months) at their weekend house. I go and visit them when I can, because I have my stuff and they have their own anyway. But when they're around, I'm miraculously expected to sit with them all day long.


That means rolling my eyes to tons of really weird questions (Will you have a fridge there?), but at the same time acting like it's all OK and I'm not annoyed at all. That will be followed by dozens of worn out advice, blessings and what not.


It's weird how it turns out it's all about them, and not about me.


So, I'm taking off, I'll live thirteen thousand kilometres from the place I grew up in, it's me who's going to live way too far away from his friends and (at times smothering) family, but it's them who're having a hard time.


Sounds legit.

2 comments:

  1. Tako to obicno biva nazalost. Ne mozes ugoditi svima. :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A da, izgleda. Nadam se da neće proći pakleno, haha...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...