Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Flooded

Last night, as I was going through some photos and trying to decide what to pack, what to throw into the trash and what to leave behind, all of a sudden I was struck by emotions.


Maybe I wasn't expecting it, or I was hoping it to hit me later on, but it's happened. I was talking to my mum and she asked me who I was meeting (as I was heading out). Probably caused by her question (which was, by the way, dangerously lingering between annoying and nosy), images of those people started rushing through my head.


And before I could figure out what was going on and get my grip, I was flushed with memories, images, funny stories, emotions and what not. And for the first time, there was a hot potato - not in my hands, but in my throat.


I'm starting to wonder why goodbyes are so hard. Why does everything get changed all of a sudden? How come all those kilometres all of a sudden make a difference?


I know they do, don't get me wrong. But the date seems to influence emotions much more than the kilometres. As the date's getting closer, everyone's more sensitive than the other. Emotions swell up, memories keep popping up and it's all a lot more messy.


Who knows how it'll end. Maybe I'll be weeping for my country, for the nation that annoys me, for the transportation that can make everyone go berserk. Maybe I'll miss avoiding eye contact in the tram, or crossing the street, trying not to get run over.


I'm completely clueless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...