Saturday, April 28, 2012

Memory... Searching... Indexing...

I was about to write something, but it slipped my mind. That's how it seems to be going lately. Or not even lately.


Even since I started using a mobile phone, I think my memory has downgraded at least fourteen times. It's probably down to the amount of RAM a Casio calculator has got.


The furthest I can keep an idea in my mind has boiled down to seconds. If I don't happen to run into a pen and a piece of paper, I can already salute it good bye.


I'll most likely remember some errands (after I keep postponing them about eight times or when I see something that reminds me of it from the bus), but good ideas are going to pass me, as we'd say in Croatia, in a wide arch.


Serves me right when I do seven things at a time. OK, I have to give myself some credit for the stressful state I'm in right now, but I have to admit that I'd be lost without all these post-its around my flat.


The good thing is I've learned to function in that way, especially when I need to learn something diverse and pretty much unfamiliar. It's a great way to learn foreign scripts!


Print out the script, cut it up in letters and stick the little pieces around: on the mirror, on the fridge, by the light switch and all the places you're likely to notice going about during the day. That's how I learned devanagari.


If only it would help in some more useful things...


Devanagari, the script used to write languages like
Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit and others

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...