Thursday, May 24, 2012

Teaser alert no more

Here I am...


Sorry for the teaser, but I really was dead tired.


The good news is I kicked ass on my IELTS. My average score is 8/9 and, although some marks are a bit different than what I expected, I'm satisfied. After all, I needed a minimum of 5/9 for my Visa, so that's sorted!


Once I'll be applying for a permanent residence, I'll have to take it (and pay for it) again, but that's just how this shit world works, I guess. Also, you get no detailed feedback whatsoever - just the marks. But you could pay for them!


I hate it!


Other than that, my Nomination was approved, which means I am approved to come and work in Australia as much as any Australian citizen or resident.


Other than that, I got assigned a Case Officer, so now I'm able to communicate one on one, instead of sending numerous replies to info@... and thus telling the same story over and over again to dozens of different people.


Even though it doesn't sound like much, those are really big steps! My CO (who's Indian, by the way...) only told me I need to get my chest x-ray done, so I'm guessing nothing else is a real issue, or he'd mention it.


I've done my chest x-ray on Monday, which is now (five to seven days) being reviewed by two doctors, then sent to Vienna and then mailed to Australia for the Perth Centre of Excellence to review it as well. As soon as I get my IELTS results to my home address, I'll scan them and send them over and that'll complete all the necessary documentation I need to send it.


Once that's done, I'm only waiting for my CO to let me know if everything's OK and if it is, the visa is granted pretty much the next day!


Now, considering the fact that it shouldn't take longer than two to three weeks to send the x-ray images down under, I might actually have my visa granted within that time. That means I would be taking off within four or five weeks!


That's just crazy!

8 comments:

  1. Cestitam! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala ti! Doduše, ja dok ne sletim tamo i izađem na ulicu neću vjerovati da se to sve dogodilo...

      Delete
  2. Čestitam! Sad, čim obavijestiš roditelje da si stigao moraš staviti izvještaj i na blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma, bit će izvještajâ. Iovako neću imati s kim pričati, nego tipkati ovdje, bwahaha!

      Delete
    2. baš, dovoljno si friendly da nas sve zaboraviš :)

      Delete
  3. Ajme koje procedure, nisam znala da se moraš skenirati da bi dobio vizu O_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O, da. I to te zadovoljstvo još i košta 700 kuna... :|

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...