Monday, August 6, 2012

A good Monday

Today started off quite bad.

I woke up after what felt like seven seconds of sleep, it was still dark outside and it was time to go to work, and it's been raining for days. It kind of felt more like England than Australia. I sat up in my bed, still a bit unsure of my exact whereabouts.

Luckily (or not, considering the status of my brain), it wasn't time for work. Actually, it was 01.10 and I still had another couple of hours of sleep ahead of me. Nevertheless, from what I hear from people, it was a weird night. H and G didn't get much sleep either, and a couple more people at work were zombieing around the office.

Still, that didn't bring me down. I remembered to go out to the terrace and get my clothes off the line. It was surely going to rain, so I thought I better take it off and place it on random stuff all over the terrace.

Even though it started raining as soon as I left the office - while it's been sunny all day while I was sitting in the office - my clothes were safe and sound (and dry) by the time I got home. I was caught in a bit of rain, but it didn't really matter. Although in a weird way, it made me feel a bit more local.

I went to check a flat and I have to say it looks great. Well, at least it looks like it does on the photos. It's right by the train station, seven minutes from work, and the price is acceptable. Right at the limit I'm not really willing to go over. And I'd have a spare room for all the people who'd eventually crash.

After I got home, I realized that my Master card had arrived and I found some more important post in the letter box. Nothing for H and G, but hey - it's kind of my day. We had dinner and a beer, and watched an episode of something on the TV.

Now I can only hope together is going to be as good as today. And that tonight will be better than last night...

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...