Sunday, October 14, 2012

Just a Sunday morning blurb

Since I moved away, I've been getting more and more feedback from people. And I mean people back in Croatia. How I am, how I was, how I act, how I acted...

I was looking for something in my Inbox and ran into some old e-mails, which reminded me of that.

Australians are quite blunt and they'll openly point out that they think you're weird. Or you're doing something weird. Or both.
Sometimes you'll just get a full feedback in the third sentence they utter. One has to admire that.

The people back in Croatia seem to have, in a matter of speaking, opened up. Maybe it's easier to reveal their thoughts in an e-mail than it must've been in person, but I'm glad to hear it. Even though it's not always necessarily leaving me with with a nice feeling, I still respect the idea behind it.

Therefore, hugs to those who recognize themselves in this post! ;)

Sometimes I just wish I was aware of all that when I was there. I worked on it, but I was pretty much a failure (you should've seen me before, when I was even less aware, brrr...). But later I guess I was trying to make the best out of it, so I would simply choose to ignore all the not-so-good stuff in the background, regarding both others and me, and focused on the good.

And, now that I think of it, all that stuff didn't really matter anyway. Maybe it's just easier to let go now.

Out of sight, out of mind? Perhaps. But it's definitely much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...