Thursday, June 6, 2013

A day off

I took a day off today.

It's been a while since I've done it, and my body and mind were both telling me it was about time to do it again.

I'm not one of those people who'll ditch everything they're doing just because they need a break. That hits people pretty hard, especially when the busy times are up, but sometimes you just have to go through it.

Being raised up in a somewhat controlled environment by super strict parents and living with an older brother and an older sister, I had to find my ways in doing things and sorting my stuff out. Living in a full house meant the bathroom's not free when you need it, it's not quite when you have tasks to finish etc.

Perhaps thanks to that, I'm one of those responsible people. At least I like to think so. At least I'm trying to be aware of my surroundings, especially since I work with a lot of people on a daily basis, so it's not only me.

This makes me take time off rarely, or when I really need to. And as I'm going to be flying out on three trips in four weeks, I reckoned it would be wise to take a day off sooner rather than later. I sorted everything at the office (or as much as I was able to) and chilled out all day.

I slept for must've been 14 hours, so I didn't have a big portion of the day left, but that being said, I guess I must've been very close to burning out. Especially since we drive a lot and there's a lot of responsibility on our back, it's important to be sane and rested.

Tomorrow will be hectic, as I have tons to do around the office, but at least I'll get in there with a somewhat clear mind, after having gotten some proper sleep and having eaten a cream pumpkin soup.

I still have to make the soup, so excuse me...

Edit: added the dinner photo.

Carrot zucchini soup and garlic bread, mmm... 

2 comments:

  1. Meni telo i um alarmiraju kada je neophodan taj day off ili par dana off. I ispoštujem to kad god sam u prilici, jer tako punim baterije.
    Hmmmm, gledam sliku....supica bi prijala ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...