Sunday, December 9, 2012

Time Flies aka the Flies of Time


Compelled by the lack of time I’ve been faced with lately, I wanted to go in the exactly opposite direction and make some.

That has proven to be harder than expected, especially because I usually get back from work, have a shower, grab a bite to eat and pass out on the couch.

It’s been pretty crazy since I got here, which is even more noticeable by the sudden approach of Christmas holidays. It’s been work work work since July and I can’t believe it’s already been that long.

In a weird way, it feels like both being here for a year and not even being here for a month. All the work didn’t leave me time to think about think and overanalyze, which is good. On the other hand, though, it’s just been a blur.

Even my coworkers have noticed that it’s been so long. Maybe that’s good. Maybe that means things are falling into place, and I’m fitting in.

But when I think about the fact that I’ve been to the beach once, that the weather’s been crazy, that I haven’t even taken a proper stroll through the city (except running errands), it made me realize it would be time to press the pause button.

Sure, I’m more on the lazy side than on the active one – not that I don’t know that – and sometimes a long day of chilling out, cooking, reading and dozing off five times will do me way better. Nevertheless, there is the side of me that wants to go out, have picnics in the park and walk around until I’m out of water.

That’s exactly why I’m looking forward to Christmas holidays. Having dinner with friends, enjoying with my belt loosened and my feet up in the air, and then taking off to Sydney, being a bit of a tourist, having a cup of coffee by the Opera house and walking starting a pilgrimage of the city’s promenades.

Until then, it’s Sunday, it’s almost lunch time, and I still haven’t had my coffee, so please excuse me…

Edit: Playing stupid on the iPad (which takes no time at all)...

Playing stupid

2 comments:

  1. Juhuuu Sydney :) Koja divota!!! Čekamo fotke :O) a lot of fotki!
    z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, bit ce. Planiram bauljati okolo koliko se dadne...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...