Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas party and Beach run

Okay, not that much text is going to appear on here this time, but I hope the photos will make up for it.

We had a Christmas party at the office last Friday and the theme was Spain, Mexico etc. I was planning to go as the Spanish inquisition (as many were already coming as Zorro, mariachi and alike, and I wanted to pop out a bit outside the box), but I gave up on the idea. It had way too many layers, and it was a bit pricey.

Don't worry, I went for something equally disturbing, at least when it comes to me. In the end I went as [check image below], and I have to thank my friend Anna for the idea and the outfit.

Strangely enough, that thing is unbelievably comfortable! I might keep rocking up around the place like that... ^^

Went to the Spanish, Mexico etc themed Christmas party at the office as Jesús Navas, the Spanish representative #22

Here's a couple of photos from the office, during the preparations etc.

Christmas tree at the office


Mini Christmas tree overlooking the office

A cake made by a co-worker

Fun and colorful

Decorating the back area

Spanish, Mexican etc theme

After recovering all Saturday, we went for a beach run on Sunday. It was a lovely day and a perfect opportunity to go to a beach that is only accessible by 4WD. It's located about 140 km south of Perth and is part of the Yalgorup National Park.

It was quite an adventure! I took my first swim in Australia (the weather has been pretty much crap since I got here; my last swim in the ocean was in India back in 2008), had a bit of a barbie (which is Australian for barbecue), and I've been told I can call myself a true Sandgroper (another name for Western Australians) after doing a 4WD beach run...

Here's a couple of photos...

Preston Beach, Yalgorup National Park

4WD down the beach, the only way it's possible

Breaking waves

First swim in Australia, finally!

Isn't it lovely?!

Another 4WD path

And then we got back to the city, I took a couple of naps and chilled for the rest of the ever too short weekend...

Perth Central Business District

Tadammm!

5 comments:

  1. Kako vam ured zakon izgleda :) Odlično si se sredio za party :D A plaže - uf sad bih na more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ured je zakon, da! Party je bio skroz zabavan. A more, da, mmm, morat ću češće...

      Delete
  2. OMG! Koja ljepota! Kad skontam da je decembar... Blago tebi! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meni isto nikako da sjedne, hehe...

      Delete
    2. Još samo da imam više vremena, pa da mogu guštati...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...