Thursday, September 6, 2012

Work work (echo echo)

The situation at work is progressing rapidly.

The more I figure out, the more I have to handle. With the knowledge comes responsibility, which can be a lethal combination when you're the guy who offers to help out every once in a while. I do hope no one will try to take advantage of that, because that will make me very angry. Something like that happened yesterday, but I just chucked it in the they-didn't-know drawer. We'll see how it goes.

Anyway, I had to go to one of the Ministry's Departments and check out some files, initially to see how it all works, so that I can do it when I'll need it (and I will). In the end I was stuck there copying four files which took me two hours because the scanner kept dying on me, didn't save properly and persistent with connection errors.

A pain, yeah. I just hope I wasn't left there just to do the job, since I would've done it anyway. But leaving me in there and "calling some people up" doesn't sound really cool to me.

All in all, there's much more organizing and planning, much more research and logistics, and much more to do in general. I have to go to meetings, stay in the loop and get back to everyone on everything I do. Not to mention CC-ing five people in each email (which means I get CC-ed as often)...

I'm going out on another survey out in the bush next week - this time even further up north. It's going to be a combination of an anthropological and archaeological research, which will provide yet another interdisciplinary casserole to my professional kitchen (I don't  have a clue where that comparison came from).

I was told that I would be leading the next survey, with A. (who's showing me around at the moment) shadowing me (his words) and making sure I do everything right. It's work that involves numerous components, out of which each bears its importance and has an essential part. Not to mention the amount of money invested in the whole thing.

So, all in all, it's been busy, but it's been cool as well. It's nice to feel included and filled in on everything that's going on. In Croatia I'd simply be told do this and do that with no additional info. The info and the feedback you get over here makes such a huge difference.

A lot more preparations are to be done, but the majority is almost done, so I'll probably have a chilled out weekend, seeing some friends and visiting some new proud real estate owners for a house-warming party.

You have a good one too, and I'll try to write about the next trip (or whatever's roaming the expanses of my air-deprived head) once I'm back. Enjoy the weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Anthropological and archaeological research...ja ljubomorna. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, ludo je, da. Potrudit ću se malo više pisati. Samo kaj je uvijek neki cajtnot... :P

      Keep reminding me, hehe... ^^

      Delete
  2. evo ja cu pod anonimus jer nemam acc na ovom ostalom ponuđenom, zato nisam do sada tu komentirala..
    buš nam poslal koordinate idućeg tripa da lociramo... uživam u tome :)

    huug

    ReplyDelete
  3. aha z piše pod anonimus samo da znaš, nemoj mi ovaj komentar odobrit, pa neće bit prikazan :P
    a ne moras ni onaj.. samo daj koordinate :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Možeš se s guglom prijaviti, tako ja radim. Pošaljem ti na Gmail podatke, pa da me možete trackati... ;)

      I da, totalno sam skužio da si ti, i bez potpisa, hehe...

      Delete
  4. I have a new blog. This time for real. Lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...