Sunday, September 9, 2012

Karaoke

So, I went to a Japanese karaoke bar with a couple of co-workers the other day.

The reason why I haven't mentioned it before is that I just started coming back to my senses. The weird thing is that I went there with some of my co-workers, including some people who're basically running a lot of stuff in the office.


We first had a couple of drinks at the office, sitting outside and chatting about stuff. I taught one person how to say some things and once I got back from the kitchen, half of the people were yelling "jebeni zaaaakon", which means something like fucking awesome. I should've gotten the hint there and then...

Anyway, after being offered two rides home, I still said yes to the crazy plan of going to a Japanese karaoke bar in the CBD and that's were we ended up. I was talking to the guys how I'm sure it's a great way to bond, but I'm not a particular fan. I mean, I sing and hum all the time, but getting up on the stage and singing is a bit of a different story.

But I wanted to give it a try anyway (since I was there), so I applied while I had the guts and the next song was mine. It was Englishman in New York, which was kind of appropriate for the situation I found myself in.

Being that we got there really early, the bar quickly started filling up with regulars, everyone was saying hi and I ended up meeting a lot of people, drinking uncountable beers (I even said no to some rounds being offered) and, if I remember right, I was hit on by someone who I'd just met. She liked the fact that I was 30 even though she thought I looked too young at first. She told me that.

So yeah, after basically having spent the last day and a half reminiscing what the hell happened, now I'm thinking about how I'll make it through the BBQ and drinks today...

Karaoke

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...