Saturday, February 23, 2013

Going on the trip of your life and ending up robbed by Murphy

I'm sitting in my friends' backyard, cat sitting and pondering upon existence.

It sounds pretentious, I know. But it, unfortunately, doesn't make me smart. It just bums me out.

They flew to Europe, and barely made it to start with, because, kahem, someone forgot their passport. It was all good in the end, but it would be way too nerve-wrecking for me (not that something similar never happened to me).

I, on the other hand, am so paranoid with my passport that I check my pocket every seven seconds, which probably makes me the most suspicious bloke at the airport.

And now I'm going for a trip in Myanmar, which just happened somehow, and I didn't even have time to think about it.

Is that a good thing  I keep thinking to myself. Travelling yes, but barely being aware of it? Going on a trip, but only being able to think about what awaits you when you're back?

Looking forward to your trip, but then letting the most important things slip your mind? That's something that, amazingly enough, I see happening to me, and it scares the crap out of me.

When we're young and broke, we would do anything to travel. And then work turns you in this drone whose mind becomes caged.

Why does Murphy always take the charge?

I don't and won't accept it!

Myanmar, see you in a week!

Clear blue skies in Perth today...

6 comments:

  1. Try to steer your mind out of worry avenue and focus on itwillbealright street..u got the controls over murphy.. myanmar better be ready for invasion of the dorks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kad bi se čovek mogao otvoriti, osloboditi i prostrti kao to divno nebo nad Perthom...kad bi čovek mogao biti samo samo svoj! Kad bi.... Oslobodi se koliko je moguće i uživaj u svemu...pokušaj da doživiš celim svojim bićem....Kavezi su svakako tu :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ne dam se, samo se treba podsjetiti tu i tamo...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...