Saturday, November 10, 2012

Geographic

I am watching a documentary called Australian Geographic - Best of Australia and I have several things on my mind.

I've noticed that it's usually people who are totally out of the loop who get to travel around the world, make documentaries and meet all these different cultures. At least that's how it feels at times.

Not that I've been around for a long time, but I believe some things need to be picked up before you even set your foot in a vehicle of any sort. Basic rules of communication and manners are, in my opinion, something you have to get familiar with beforehand, especially when it's you who's going into someone else's territory.

That's how you get people who don't turn back on people, who don't interrupt someone in the middle of a sentence and thread where one's not supposed to.

On the other hand, you get people who'll do things I could never imagine - or at least not at the moment - like dealing with snakes, poisonous toads and crocodiles. Nevertheless, I guess that may come with time.

I remember being a kid and wanting to work for National Geographic, travelling the world and getting to know all the interesting cultures. Maybe that's what got me on this path that I'm on, dealing with peoples, languages and cultures.

You really do get to see amazing places and, maybe even more than "see" - be there. I've been lucky enough to experience something like that and I can only hope there's more yet to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...