Saturday, November 23, 2013

Back from the Desert

I'm back. Well, not quite. But I'm getting there.

Physically, I'm in a mining town, an hour's flight away from Perth. Mentally, I'm back out bush, reliving days, hours and seconds.

I'm back. Tired, bruised and humbled. Over 4,000 km crossed in two weeks, and I feel years older.

This is what I've been up 
to...

In the last fortnight, I've felt thrilled, annoyed, happy, helpless, proud, hopeless, satisfied, over-strained, trapped, lonely, supported, limitless, overwhelmed... And that's just a portion of the spectrum.

I've learned a lot, not all of which was enjoyable. But I guess there are benefits to learning from your mistakes. It doesn't always feel nice, but – in the end – it's all for the good.

I don't know what to expect. Back to reality. Being back, I'm afraid life will be boring. 

But am I back? Or was I back when I was back there?

Bitter-sweet.

2 comments:

  1. kakva vrteška doživljaja, stanja i emocija...magična mi je ta pustinja i divljina...taj susret sa sobom. uživam u tvojim postovima, red je da dodam, ako nisi shvatio do sad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ajde, drago mi je. Morat ću malo češće...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...